Monday, December 18, 2006

ESL Blogroll

A blogroll is a collection (or roll) of blogs, so an ESL blogroll would list blogs about learning (and/or teaching) ESL. Some blogs are, like ours, for classes. Others are teachers blogging materials, lessons, handouts, and about their experiences teaching

See, we're not alone. The list is not complete by any means, so I'll be adding to it as we go along. Including as many links as possible is tradition in blogging. In fact, early blogs were often little more than a way to share link collections.

In particular, I recommend The Linguist. It has a lot of useful learning tips.

Blogroll:
Don't forget: if you have a blog or web page, be sure to let me know so I can add it to our list of links on the right hand side of the page.

Also consider looking for blogs in areas that interest you personally or professionally (law, computers, cooking, health care, science, sports, etc)

Don't forget (#2): you are supposed to be posting - comments and, if you are a full member, original posts. If you have reading access but are not yet a full member, you can still post comments. It's an ongoing writing assignment. Don't be just a lurker. Also, when someone comments on your post or comment, answer them.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Vanessa,

    There are so many I can learn from these blogs. They are useful. I have visited The Linguist. It is great. I will find time to read as many as I can and try to apply the tips they gave. I will recheck myself again and report my progress to you. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Teacher Vanessa,

    Today I went to the ESL weblog site that is usingenglish.com I read lot of things from there, I went Linguist too they have vast things to learn. When I went that site I was confused I do not know where do I need to start I read as much as I could. Do you think this kind of reading will help me. I am not reading any story book right now but I read what they are telling us to do, today I read about iregular nouns.Now I am reading more than one hour.I will go all the sites.As soon as I compleate my blog I will add that to your blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to ask you to tell me more about what you thought about The Linguist.

    I am asking because I forwarded a link to The Linguist to the EFI instructors' discussion group. For some reason never completely explained, the site really bothered most of them. A couple even wrote me off list - sort of complaining, sort of chiding, sort of correcting (as though I were a wayward & misinformed student).

    It wasn't the the "don't learn grammar," which most of them agree with. It was the "trust" post and the perception of insufficient emphasis on speaking. Granted, the "trust" post smacked a bit much of motivational coaching for my tastes, but the response struck me as being out of proportion.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...